About Me

My photo
Adventurous, observer,kind, compassionate, generous, Practical, quick learner and hard working.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

December

December is the loneliest month of my life. For some its the most joyous month because its the time of year where most people spend  it with thier love ones.

I am working here in Singapore for 18 years and i have never have the chance to go back home and spend Christmas with my family.


None of my boss present or previous volunteer to offer me to go back home and be with my family.
Most of them are foreigners , i only work for a local family once.

My present one is English family, which i served for the last 10 years.
Although they give generous gift on xmas, i  still miss  the warm company of my family.
I almost always spend xmas here in singapore alone, although most of the time i celebrate it with friends.

While my employer busy planning for the xmas holiday vacation somewhere, i am also busy planning what to do on xmas day.
I know there is nothing much  i can do but probably ask my friend what we will be doing on that day.
The most obvious is have xmas eve and lunch with them , sometimes in my place or my friends place, whoever is free. I mean whoever bosses are away. We are allowed to have parties while our bosses are away, sometimes our employer give us extra money for our xmas celebration. I remember my boss offered me to take 2 bottle of champagne from the wine cellar and 2 packets of smoked salmon for a starter.
We dont drink and get drunk like most people do, none of us wants to get drunk anyway. We are all good, well behaved people who enjoy a simple get together.

Normally my boss and family spends xmas holidays overseas and return after the new years day.
It might be the time where i will be on my own and have a peace and quite week, but its the most hated part.
The company of dog and cat doesnt substitute the warm company of a love ones. Although i get paid for doing nothing for the entire month of December i still feel the need of being with my family back home.

I hope to spend my next Christmas with my family.

No comments: